The goal of this post to give a better idea on finding the best tripods for photography that fulfill your needs and wants. Some photographers does not feel like carrying around a tripod with them and miss the special movement. Some on the pictures are impossible to capture without having tripod specially night photography and low light situations.
The most of the tripods come are very portable and comes with single unit but you can detach the flat top with the small screw. The small screw should fit in any DSLR camera and snap it back properly to the top of the tripod. Please make sure that you had placed it properly to eliminate any accident or damage in the equipment. Tripod is not something you often buy for your photography, so I do not recommend you to buy any flimsy built tripod with cheap material. The flimsy tripod may cost you lots of money because you may damage your camera and equipment in the event of accident.
There are numerous type of tripods produced by known or unknown brands. It is important to find best quality tripod without going over your budget limit. So, we have narrow it down into five best tripod under $200. Our objective is to find the best tripod under your budget and give more value over cost.
1 MeFOTO Classic Aluminum Roadtrip Travel Tripod/Monopod Kit
- 360-degree Panning: Accurate panoramas can be easily orchestrated using the
graduated panning scale for accurate image alignment. Two Leg Angle Positions: For an extra measure of flexibility, tripod legs can be independently locked into place at two different angles to enable shooting in cramped quarters, on irregular surface areas, or at ground level.
- Recessed Center-Column Hook: A spring loaded recessed hook, located in the bottom of the center-column, allows you to hang additional weight from the tripod’s center of gravity for increased stability. Separate Head and Pan Lock: Individual head tension and lock knob as well as pan lock help make the right adjustment.
- Precision Matched Q Series Ballhead: Dual action heavy duty ballhead with Arca-Swiss style compatible quick release plate. Integral Bubble Level: Allows adjustment to prevent uneven pans and head movements. Compact tripod legs can be inverted and folded back 180 degrees making it small enough to carry just about anywhere.
- Five Leg Sections: Get the height you need and ultimate versatility. Twist Lock Legs with Anti-Rotation System: MeFOTO’s innovative rubberized locking grips combined with anti-rotation legs enable fast and fumble-free set up plus weather and dust-resistance
- Only products shipped from and sold by authorized resellers such as Amazon.com can ensure that you will be receiving product that has a valid 5 year US warranty upon registration.
MeFOTO Classic is the best versatile tripod for photography. The tripod is study build, easy to use, and perfect on any scenario. You have total control over your tripod on how high or short you want and even you can lock the leg to get angular shoots. There are spiked feet on the tripod which makes your job easier in any terrain. This tripod can reach up to little over 5 ft. and hold up to 17.6 pounds.
MEFOTO Classic can also works as a monopod, especially helpful when you have to walk and shoot. If you are looking for long lasting tripod that can you can rely on, MEFOTO Classic is the one you must consider it. That’s why, this tripod made it to the top of our list
2. Vanguard Alta Pro 263AP Aluminum Tripod Kit
- 26mm 3 section aluminum alloy legs adjust to 25, 50, and 80-degree angles to enable
extreme low angle photography
- Easy to operate with precise pan and tilt function, the PH-32 three-way panhead includes a quick release plate and 3 bubble levels
- Hexagon-shaped central column moves from 0 to 180 degrees
- The Instant Swivel Stop-n-Lock (ISSL) System securely repositions the central column in one simple movement
- Premium magnesium die-cast canopy and anti-shock ring
- Quick flip leg locks and rubber feet with retractable spikes
- Outstanding stability and loading capacity up to 11 pounds
- Folded height: 28.5″, Extended height: 69.875″, Weight: 5.73 pounds
Vanguard is a leading company that designs, manufactures, and produces gears for photography and videography. Vanguard Alta Pro 263AP is the top of the line and one of the best tripod for photography in the market. This tripod is well known for heavy duty, versatility, performance, and outstanding stability. The Multi-Angle Central Column (MACC) system allows you to move the central column from zero to 180° angles in various vertical and horizontal positions. You will really appreciated MACC system when you use it for macro-photography and special wide-angle shots.
Vanguard Alta Pro 263 AP comes with Carbon Fiber or Aluminum body. The tripod legs have three setting (25, 50, and 80 degrees with easy release buttons). The Instant Swivel Stop-n-Lock (ISSL) System quickly and securely repositions the central column in one simple movement while maintaining the tripods stability.
We assure you that you will definitely enjoy to have Vanguard Alta Pro 263 AP in your photography collection gear. This is by far, one of the best tripod for any kind of photography.
3. SLIK PRO 700DX Professional Tripod with Panhead
- Load Capacity: 19.8 lb
- Max Height: 75.0″, Min Height: 16.1″
- Folded Length: 29.9″
- Leg Sections: 3, Weight: 7.1 lb
- Aluminum, Magnesium, Titanium-Alloy Legs
SLIK PRO 700DX is another best tripod for photography under $200, and specially known for heavy duty performance. The A.M.T. alloy is use to build this tripod to make it lighter weight. It is portable compared to the other professional graded tripod. The tripod can be lowered to 15 inches. Usually Lower tripod are usually preferred by macro photographers. The tripod is study and stable. Both Amateur and Professional Photographer were pleased with the performance of the SLIK PRO 70DX.
SLIK PRO 700 DX built with all metal 3 way pan head which is one of the fastest and easiest to perform quick release in the tripod industry. The circular quick release plate secures the camera and helps to secure camera to the tripod. This makes your job much easier to shot at any direction. The individual legs can lock in place to shoot in any kind of terrain and weather. Overall, SLIK PRO 700 DX is the best tripod for durability and versatility.
Magnus VT-3000 Professional High Performance Tripod System with Fluid Head
- Top Features:
- Supports 6.6 lb (3 kg) | 65mm Ball Diameter | 3-Section Leg Design
- Height Range – 28.6″ to 61″ | Separate Pan/Tilt Locks | Mid-Level Spreader
- Passive Counterbalance for Stability | Micro Balance Slider | With Quick-Release Plate
- Left/Right Pan Bar Mounts
If you looking for a tripod with best quality performance with lots of functionality and priced below $150, then Magnus VT-3000 is something you should take into consideration. The tripod comes with two way fluid head for smooth planning for smooth panoramic photography. The spikes leads add the values to shoot in rough terrain and retractable rubber feet can be place if you are shooting around delicate surface.
Magnus VT-300 can reach high up to 61 inches and as low as 28.6 inches. The built quality is very sturdy and portrait a stylist look. The tripod looks heavy but it weighs only 7.75 pounds. Overall, comparing between quality, performance, and cost, this is one of the best tripod for photography.
5. Manfrotto MK290XTA3-3WUS 290 Xtra
- Premium Italian design
- Adjustable aluminum Leg Locks
- Robust aluminum construction
- Shoulder bag included
- 4 leg angles
The Manfrotto MK230XTA3-3 WUS290 Xta tripod is another best tripod for photography under $200. The tripod consist of four legs, which is extra leg comparing with traditional three leg tripod. The maximum height of the tripod is 63.2 inches and go low as 12 inches. The tripod is 23.4 inches when it folds. It weighs only 3.9 pounds.
The Manfrotto MK230XTA3-3 WUS290 Xta does not but comes with ball head but it has Pan and Tilt head. It has smooth transition when you turn your camera in any direction and locks in place properly after turning a knob. This build of the tripod is strong and sturdy. This is the best tripod for photographer who are using it more number environment. I don’t recommend this tripod if you are using this on rough terrain because this tripod does not comes with spiked feet